Thursday, January 22, 2009

It's Official

It's official folks! I'm going to Prague. I got my visa and all that stuff taken care of and it's down to the three-week wire, and a long list of things to get done before takeoff.

I am extremely excited, yes. I am also very nervous! This will be my first time abroad, so if you have any tips or tricks, advice and other what-not, feel free to drop a comment at anytime here!

1 comment:

  1. OooOo. I've got LOADS.

    When possible travel in groups 4 or less, any more than that is chaos. You need to be able to find food, activities and nightlife that are agreeable to the whole group...less is more for traveling in groups :)

    Learn greetings, pointing/gestures go a long way. Be aware of your surroundings. Being observant is one of your best travel skills.

    If somebody strange asks you if you speak English, ignore them unless they are clearly an American. So many scams start that way.

    When doing weekend or week-long trips...one bag please! It makes it so much easier to just have on backpack for your things.

    Bring a lock. Hostels will sometimes have lockers but you will be required to provide your own lock.

    I have so much more

    ReplyDelete