After much swearing (not on my part) and dirty looks, I've managed to learn a few things after my first three days here in Praha. Here's my top 5:
1. Absolutely do not, under any circumstances, attempt to register for a dorm room without having a passport photo of yourself for the attendant at the front desk. If you decide to neglect my advice, consider yourself warned and get ready to have a snotty Kleenex waved in your face whilst receiving the verbal beating of your life. If you do however make the same mistake as I did and forget your photos, go to the nearest metro underground and find a photo booth. Be sure to take 80 czk with you, and a comb.
2. Chinese restaurants are the hot-spot for lesbian make out sessions. That is, until you figure out the long haired woman is actually a man. At which point, they are just hot-spots for heterosexual make out sessions, unless you'd like to start a new trend- just saying.
3. There's no such thing as free lunch, or free anything for that matter. Using the restroom at Tesco will cost you 3czk, that is, if you can find the restroom in time.
4. If you like listening to America's Top Forty from the 80's and 90's while you get sweaty and wasted then come to Prague; you'll be in Heaven.
5. I've learned approximately ten times the amount of French as I have Czech since arriving in the Czech Republic. Why is this? Oh, because learning Czech is fucking hard.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Nice post, Winnie! I can't wait to read more about your adventures.
ReplyDelete