Saturday, July 25, 2009

Around Town: Kansas City Style [AKA The Second Post for Stephen]

A couple weekends ago, Scott and I decided to take a short tour around one of my favorite downtown neighborhoods in Kansas City, the West Side District. This district is also commonly referred to as the Hispanic West Side because of the cultural concentration and excellent array of shops and restaurants.
Before Scott and I ventured North however, we stopped at the Broadway Cafe in Westport for some morning coffee.

With coffee in hand, we set out to take on the town, and the beautiful weather. Scott and I ended up parking on a residential circle at the top of the hill just off Belleview and 16th Street. We walked North out of the circle and onto a pedestrian bridge, tucked behind the modern houses, which overlooks highway 670 and part of the West Bottoms.



Looking to the East gives you the Downtown skyline.



After enjoying the view from the bridge, we wandered back through parts of the historic neighborhood.




All in all I think it was an excellent little trip for a Saturday in Kansas City.

Interested in finding out more about the different Downtown Kansas City districts? Start with this map, or go to downtownkc.org for more information on what to do and where to find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment