Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Yahtzee!

Scott and I, anxious for something to do last Sunday night, decided to pick up a board game or two at the store. I wanted to check prices online before we left to find the best deal in the area. To my surprise, even these wholesome bundles of good ol' fashioned fun cost more than I wanted to pay. So, Scott and I began searching the house for a few things. We needed five dice, paper and pencil, and a cup.

I found the rules and printed off free Yahtzee scoring cards from the web. After our first round of the game, Scott lined the cup with a sheet of crumpled paper to muffle the sound of the dice, as that was pretty loud. I like that our cup has a handle on it. The packaged game of Yahtzee! uses a cup lined with felt. If you want to keep your found cup permanently for the game, you can always buy a piece of felt and some glue at the craft store and cut it to fit-- a circle the size of the bottom, and a rectangle long enough to surface the inside walls. Scott had 5 dice on hand, but you may need to buy these as well. Dice are very inexpensive and you can find them in most toy sections of almost any store.
This just goes to show, you don't have to spend much (or in our case any) money when you want to have a little fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment